Puberty is that period in a child’s life when there are a lot of physiologic and physical changes occurring at the same time. This creates vague feelings that may undermine the overall growth and development of the child. It is therefore crucial for parents to understand these changes and how they can help their respective 9 year old girls to get through this stage. One of the best ways they can help their young ladies is by giving them playthings and toys that will help them enhance the developmental skills that they have already learned in the previous years. Play activities remain very important among 9 year olds as these provide a safe way for them to work out their vague feelings brought about by pubertal changes.
Unfortunately, choosing the best toy which can help them in this regard may not necessarily be easy especially if one is not really familiar with the developmental milestones of nine year old girls. Nevertheless, we are here to help you determine the best possible toys and gift suggestions for young girls.
Our Top 3 Picks
- Klutz Clay Charms
- Enhances Creative Potential
- Sleepover Party Game
- 200 Different Stunts
- Rainbow Braid Set
- Developes Creativity
Top 20 Toys & Gift Ideas for 9 Year Old Girls
|The Sleepover Party Game||Endless||Games|
|Darice 120-Piece Deluxe Art Set||Darice||Crafts|
|ALEX Toys DIY Wear Friends 4 Ever Jewelry||Alex Toys||Jewellery|
|Creativity for Kids Designed By You Fashion Studio||You Fashion||Crafts|
|Chalktrail for Bikes (Blue)||Chalktrail||Outdoor|
|Razor Angel Girls' Bike, 20-Inch||Razor||Ride-On|
- 1 Top 20 Toys & Gift Ideas for 9 Year Old Girls
- 1.1 Creativity for Kids Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium
- 1.2 Enchantmints Ballerina Musical Jewelry Box
- 1.3 Mega Box Rainbow Rubber Band Refill Pack by Rainbow Braid
- 1.4 120-Piece Deluxe Art Set by Darice
- 1.5 Creativity for Kids by You Fashion Studio
- 1.6 Spirograph Deluxe Design Set by Kahootz
- 1.7 Do-it-Yourself Wear Friends 4 Ever Jewelry by ALEX Toys
- 1.8 Day at the Spa Deluxe Gift Set by Creativity for Kids
- 1.9 Crochet Art Kit by 4M
- 1.10 Mr. Sketch Assorted Scent Markers by Mr. Sketch
- 1.11 Chalktrail for Bikes by Chalktrail
- 1.12 Stamp-a-Scene Stamp Pad: Fairy Garden
- 1.13 Magnetic Mini Tile Art by 4M
- 1.14 Sleepover Party Mad Libs
- 1.15 Betheaces Kids Soccer Goal Set Hover Football with 2 Gates
- 1.16 Luwint Children LED Finger Light Gloves
- 1.17 Ozobot 2.0 Bit by Ozobot
- 1.18 Sunny Days Entertainment Blue Ribbon Champions Deluxe Horse
- 1.19 LEGO Friends Heartlake Shopping Mall Building Set by LEGO
- 1.20 My Fairy Garden – Tree Hollow
- 1.21 Huge Rainbow Kite for Kids by aGreatLife
- 2 FAQ
Creativity for Kids Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium
It glows in the dark and grows seeds into plants in a matter of days. Children will be excited to watch the little seeds germinate into plants after they set up this terrarium and keep the soil moist. Everything is included to produce a tiny garden in a jar. Kids get a jar and lid, seeds, potting mix, sand, stones, garden figures, and a water mister. The seeds sprout in a few days when the project is kept under a light or in a sunny window. Enough seeds come with the kit for children to grow plants for two growing seasons. All they have to add is water and light. Stickers are included to make the terrarium glow in the dark at night to make it more appealing to kids. The project is a fabulous way to involve little ones in the world of botany so they can learn about the life cycle of plants. This activity meets all U.S. safety standards.
Benefits – Growing plants is important for humans because we depend on them so much for healthy food and clean air. Kids can learn this process simply at an early age with this great botany kit.
What We Like about It – Science projects are fun and exciting, especially ones that grow things. Kids can learn how to grow plants with this wonderful little terrarium of their very own!
- Can grow plants for 2 growing seasons
- Great combination of art and science to teach life cycle of plants and botany
- Product meets U.S. safety standards
- Plants start to grow in as little as 3 to 4 days
- Everything is included – just add water and light
- Stickers difficult to peel from sheets
- Some buyers did not receive the seeds in package
Enchantmints Ballerina Musical Jewelry Box
As jewelry boxes go, this one decorated with pretty ballerinas, flowers, and leaves is an exquisite one. It is one of the tallest and largest boxes available for kids with four drawers to put treasures in. There is one large drawer in the bottom front, one in the back, and two small ones in the sides on the top. The cutest little ballerina figure stand on the miniature stage when the lid is opened. When the key is turned, she dances to the sweet song of “Swan Lake.” A mirror is in the lid of the box and the entire inside is lined with the softest velvet-flocked paper so valuables do not get scratched. A metal latch in the lid keeps all riches inside such as bracelets, earrings, and charms very secure and safe. This adorable jewelry box makes a fantastic present for any occasion and is part of the Enchantments Ballet Collection.
Benefits – Little girls need a place to keep their most treasured possessions and a jewelry box is perfect for that. Having a secret box gives kids confidence, pride, and self-esteem that they have something of their very own.
What We Like about It – The graphics on this box are really gorgeous! Attractive ballerinas dressed in dark pink with flowers and green leaves adorn a delicate pastel pink box.
- Promotes cooperative play at sleepovers between everyone.
- Get’s shy girls to come out of their comfort zone to interact with others.
- Includes over 200 activities, performances, and stunts for hours and hours of fun.
- The game mechanics are simple and easy for everyone to understand.
- Perfect for children ages 8 and up.
- Includes small parts, so this toy isn’t appropriate for children ages 3 and younger.
Want more like this? Check out our post on the best board games for kids.
Mega Box Rainbow Rubber Band Refill Pack by Rainbow Braid
Rubber bands may be one of the most often taken for granted material but they do have plenty of uses. In the hands of a crafty 9 year old, the Mega Rainbow Rubber bang Refill Pack can be a treasure trove of creative possibilities. The set comes with 8,400 rubber bands in 28 different colors, 500 clips, and 12 charms. The rubber bands are made of latex-free materials and the kit already includes a wonderful organizer for added convenience.
Benefits – The greatest benefit to this toy is the creativity factor. Your child can exercise their creativity by creating dozens of cool things like bracelets, necklaces, headbands, rings, and so much more. This toy also gives your daughter hand dexterity and teaches her important crafting skills like looming.
What We Like about It – It’s a refill pack. It can be made as an expansion pack for other similar gift sets. The fact that it has an organizer can help 9 year olds learn the value of organizing or sorting.
- Fosters creativity and hands on playtime for your little princess with hundreds of designs, beads, and ideas for fun creations such as bracelets and necklaces.
- Comes with 4800 colorful latex free bands in 12 colors, 500 clips, 80 beads, and 6 bonus premium charms.
- Contains no latex, lead, or phthalates and is tested by TTL Laboratories Inc. in the USA.
- Pre-sorted and individually bagged bands prevent color bleed and keep an orderly, mess free kit.
- Compatible with all other loom products.
- Contains many small pieces and should not be left out or unattended with small children or animals near.
120-Piece Deluxe Art Set by Darice
Nine year old girls are known to express their thoughts and emotions a lot better through artworks like drawings and paintings. You can give them the 120-piece Deluxe Art Set by Darice to help express their ideas in a more constructive way. The kit already includes a wide assortment of pastels, markers, watercolors, and color pencils.
You can see the full line up of the most popular art sets here.
Benefits – What’s so beneficial about this toy is that it comes with everything budding artists need to get into the world of art. With markers, paints, pastels, pencils, crayons, and so much more, your child can explore a world of artistic imagination all from the comfort of their room. Though the products aren’t of the highest quality, this kit is an excellent start for any young artist.
What We Like about It – It’s a one-stop box of all the different coloring materials your kid will ever need. She simply doesn’t have to bring individual coloring materials anymore. The set is great for stimulating artistic expression, imagination, and creativity.
- 120-Piece deluxe art set includes pencils, pastels, markers, watercolors and even more accessories
- Comes in a portable, all black case that snaps shut for easy travel and convenience.
- Gives both children and adults a great way to exercise their creativity and express themselves.
- Comes with 24 crayons, 24 markers, 24 oil pastels, 24 color pencils,12 watercolor cakes, two clips, a white watercolor tube, a palette, a paintbrush, a drawing pencil, a sharpener, an eraser, a ruler, an art sponge, and a pair of scissors.
- If your child is just starting out, you can opt out for one of the four smaller options.
- The materials are not of the highest quality.
- Not suitable for children ages three and younger.
Creativity for Kids by You Fashion Studio
For nine year old girls who have several Barbie dolls, you may want to surprise them with the Creativity for Kids playset. Giving this as a gift will motivate her to create her very own unique signature fashion style. The playset includes different fabrics and fashion design tools important in the creation of fashionable doll clothes. The toy also comes with a dress mannequin, a guide book, and a sketch book. These will help kids in their designs.
Benefits – This toy is super beneficial because it teachers your daughter practical life skills such as sewing. Not only that, but it also helps with her creative development through the act of sketching and designing dresses or outfits. So not only is your child learning important life skills, but she’s having fun while doing so!
What We Like about It – The gift idea can really inspire imagination, artistic expression, and creativity. It can also help reinforce kids’ dexterity as well as strengthen their control of motor skills.
- This kit includes sewing essentials (needle, thread,and a thimble), a lace covered mannequin, a sketchbook, fabrics, a swatch booklet, embellishments and ribbons
- Come with comprehensive instructions made for young fashion designers who want to learn the basics of fashion design.
- Comes with real sewing tools to teach your children important life skills, and a possible career path for the more creative souls.
- Encourages creativity in young children through the process of sketching and designing possible looks and outfits.
- Excellent for children ages 8 and up.
- Contains sharp items such as real sewing needles, so please discuss needle safety with your child and be sure to keep this product away from small children.
Spirograph Deluxe Design Set by Kahootz
It was in 1965 when the original spirograph was invented. Kahootz thought it necessary to reintroduce this device to nine year old girls as a means of stimulating their creativity. The Spirograph Deluxe Set provides 19 wheels, a 14-page instructional guide book, a Spiro-putty, 3 colorful pens, 2 rings, and a rack. It also comes with a convenient carry-along case for storage purposes.
Benefits – You just can’t beat a classic spirograph! This toy has been entertaining families and children since the early 1900’s, and with good reason. Relaunched into mainstream toy companies in the early 2000’s, this toy has had one of the greatest revitalization in toy history. The beautiful, simple designs of this toy are its greatest benefit. Watch your child be mesmerized for hours on end with the elegant, yet so simple, designs.
What We Like about It – Just like the original 1965 spirograph, the Deluxe Design Set is an excellent device for stimulating kids’ imagination and creativity. It is also helpful in reinforcing fine motor skills while at the same time boosting kids’ self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Entering and fun for the whole family with innovative gears and locks to create beautiful designs.
- Helps kids think creatively and gets their hands and brains engaged in act of creating art.
- This set includes nineteen different design wheels, spiro-putty, two rings, three drawing pens, a guidebook, design paper, a display rack, and hand held storage case for convenience.
- Based on the classic Spirograph design, this toy has been entertaining children and adults alike for generations with its mesmerizing designs.
- Perfect for children ages 5 and up!
- This toy is rather simple, so some children might be as entertained by this toy.
- Contains small pieces and not appropriate for children 3 and under.
Do-it-Yourself Wear Friends 4 Ever Jewelry by ALEX Toys
Nine year old girls are expected to value their friendships. This can be shown by giving members of the circle of friends something to remember each one by. This is the idea behind the Do-it-Yourself Wear Friend 4 Ever Jewelry. The craft kit already includes different color-coded looms, embroidery floss in a variety of colors, a number of beads, a carrying case, and a beading needle.
Benefits – What is great and beneficial about this toy is that it promotes creative and cooperative play amongst peers in a controlled setting. Young girls can simultaneously learn how to weave and create fun accessories while bounding over the experiences together. We also love that the kit can make so many friendship bracelets and thus allows girls to really make a day out of the occasion with all their friends.
What We Like about It – The craft kit is great for helping foster friendships while encouraging cooperative play. It is often used as an activity for weekend sleepovers as well as other informal social gatherings.
- Can make up to 22 distinctive friendship bracelets for all your daughter’s little friends and more!
- Promote creativity and hands on activity with your daughter and her friends.
- Excellent for parties, sleepovers, birthdays, playdates, or just about anything else you can think of.
- Includes hundreds of beads,a beading needle, four looms, an instruction book, and carrying case for easy transportation.
- Perfect for girls (or boys!) ages 8 and up.
- Because this toy comes with small parts and needles, do not give to children younger than the recommended age.
Day at the Spa Deluxe Gift Set by Creativity for Kids
Adults love to go to the spa. With the Day at the Spa Deluxe Gift Set, kids will now have the chance to experience their very own spa treatment. The gift set comes with an inflatable pedicure pool, a satin eye mask, toe separators, nail dryer that runs on batteries, and colorful pedicure slippers. It also includes nail polish, glitter polish, press-on nails, and other spa treatment tools and materials.
Benefits – The amazing thing about this toy is that allows young girls to engage in imaginative playtime that makes them feel older and more independent. Because 9 year olds are on the cusp of puberty, they won’t feel mature and like they have some control over their lives. This spa kit gives them both of those features while also teaching them about proper hand and foot hygiene.
What We Like about It – It’s an ingenious way to encourage role playing as it helps facilitate imaginative thinking. This can be the basis for the continuing development of nine year old girls’ cognition and creative thinking.
- The 30+ piece set set includes anything and everything your daughter could ever need to throw a wonderful, spa themed party.
- Includes battery operated nail dryer, inflatable pedicure pool, satin eye mask, 4 bottles of water-based nail polish, pedicure slippers and toe separators, one bottle of water based glitter polish, a nail file, a buffer, press-on nails, four sheets of sticker nail art, and a satin spa bag.
- Made with non-toxic and kid friendly nail polish for fun and safe playtime.
- Promotes social playtime amongst young girls and their peers.
- Perfect you girls ages 8 and up.
- Though this toy can be bought for older girls, children over the age of 12 might be too old for this toy.
- Contains small parts and is not appropriate for children ages 3 and under.
Crochet Art Kit by 4M
One of the most enduring hobbies of all time is crocheting. It is pretty much the same as knitting; however, knitting requires the use of 2 needles while crocheting only requires one. The Crochet Art Kit is one great toy to help introduce this hobby to a 9 year old girl. The set already includes differently colored yarns, several crochet hooks, and a plastic needle.
Benefits – We love toys that provide life skills to children because they’re just so educational and beneficial for overall development. The Crochet Art Kit teaches beginners how to crochet with an easy to follow instruction manual and gives children a lifelong skill. If your child shows an interest in crocheting, then definitely help in that endeavor and purchase the Crochet Art kit.
What We Like about It – Crocheting is a hobby that 9 year olds will surely love. It helps develop imagination, exploration, and creativity while also improving dexterity. It can also enhance your kid’s hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and spatial intelligence.
- The Crochet Art Kit is a perfect beginner set to teach the fundamentals of crocheting to young children.
- An excellent creative outlet for children ages 8 and up.
- Includes two crochet hooks, one plastic needle and seven colors of yarn all in an easy to carry case.
- Includes a comprehensive and easy to follow instruction book for fun, frustration free playtime.
- Contains a ton of material to create a wide variety of crochet pieces like coasters, belts, and handbags.
- Contains small pieces and isn’t suitable for children 3 and under.
Mr. Sketch Assorted Scent Markers by Mr. Sketch
Drawing can be made more fun and exciting with sweet and fruity scented markers. The Mr. Sketch Scented Markers Set comprises of 12 scented color markers. It includes apple, blueberry, cherry, and raspberry, as well as watermelon, grape, fruit punch, orange, licorice, cinnamon, banana, and mint.
Benefits – The problem with most scented markers is that they don’t last a week of extreme usage. But Mr. Sketch has our backs with the sturdy, beveled tips of these long lasting markers! The overall design of these markers makes them last for months upon months, even with the most zealous of users. This all thanks to the sturdy, beveled marker tip that maintains it’s shaped and controls the color flow for an anti-bleeding, long lasting experience.
What We Like about It – It’s a very sensorial way to provide color to drawings. The scent can help relax the mind allowing for concentration and focus. This way, it can stimulate creativity and imagination.
- Mr. Sketch markers are made with twice the ink of regular markers for a long lasting shelf life and a smooth, bevel tip for long lasting fun.
- The sturdy, bevel tip keeps its shape and stiffness after months of coloring and use.
- The specially formulated, water based and non-bleeding ink is excellent for easels and easy for sketching.
- Scented markers assorted by color keep your child engaged and their imagination active.
- Made with non-toxic materials and AP(Approved Product) certified the utmost quality control.
- The ink is non-washable, so please keep away from clothes and other fabrics.
Chalktrail for Bikes by Chalktrail
If your nine year old can already ride her bike, then maybe you need to put a little twist to it. Give her the Chalktrail for Bikes attachment and watch her make beautiful patterns on any pavement or surface in your neighborhood. The attachment includes a washable chalk which makes it easy to clean the marks left by the Chaktrail. It’s also non-toxic so it’s safe.
Benefits – What’s amazing about this toy is that combines creativity with physical exercise. Not only will your child get to go outside and play, but the Chalktrail allows them to be creative while on their bikes. On top of that, the Chalktrail is non-toxic and washable for safe, easy to clean playtime.
What We Like about It – The Chalktrail can be attached to different types and sizes of bikes. You can buy several Chalktrails and have the entire family make creative patterns in the neighborhood.
- Fits all bike sizes, so no tools or parents are required for the fun!
- Promotes both physical activity and creative playtime by having the bike be the art toy with this innovative add-on.
- Comes off just as easy as it goes on for quick assembly and hours of fun.
- Perfect for the whole family to enjoy. Makes fun street art with your kids or have a chalk art party!
- Excellent for kids of bike riding age and up.
- The chalk lines are kinda faint depending on the intensity of the ride.
Stamp-a-Scene Stamp Pad: Fairy Garden
With images of flowers, fairies, garden creatures, animals, lily pads, and stars on the individual stamps in this collection, girls can create many colorful, detailed picture scenes for hours of enjoyment. They can adorn all sorts of paper products such as notebooks, notes, stationery, cards, and envelopes with the fairy-themed designs. The set includes a durable two-color stamp pad, twenty wooden stamps, and five colored pencils to create the artistic masterpieces. Once the images are chosen and stamped on the paper, children can then fill in the designs with various colors to make them so vibrant and gorgeous. The ink is completely washable in case of mishaps with clothing and skin and it is also non-toxic. Handles that are contoured to fit little hands are made from durable rubber to ensure clear images free from smudges. All materials can be neatly kept and stored in the strong wooden storage tray that comes with the collection. Organization is important when kids are creating and learning a new art form. Let her imagination run wild with the garden fairies and their friends with this cute stamp set.
Benefits – Exercise your child’s skills of patterning, color recognition, and fine motor abilities with this beautiful garden fairy stamp set. Their creative expression, hand-eye coordination, and narrative thinking will explode onto the paper with the help of these colorful stamps.
What We Like about It – With plenty of designs to choose from, kids can make almost any outdoor garden scene in full color with these great stamps and pencils. The possible combinations are endless with this kit.
- Has a garden fairy theme
- Stamps are made of quality rubber and handles are contoured for easy grip
- Ink is pink/purple, non-toxic, and washable
- Has a durable wooden storage tray for all items
- Pencils let kids fill in the stamped images to complete the designs
- Ink pads can arrive dry
- One parent was missing an ink pad
Magnetic Mini Tile Art by 4M
One of the developmental tasks of children is to be creative. Nine year old girls’ creativity can be enhanced through the use of craft sets or kits. The Magnetic Mini Tile Art is one very interesting and very unique way for kids this age create their very own unique and artistic tile art. The kit includes 10 pieces of beautiful 2×2-inch tiles. Each tile can be painted and given an artistic finish. The kit also comes with a paint strip, a brush, and, of course, magnets.
Benefits – One of the best parts of being a parent is seeing all the wonderful things your child can create with their imagination. The Magnetic Mini Tiles have made displaying that art and imagination even easier with its innovative magnetic design. Thanks to these specially magnetized tiles, you can hang up your child’s art on any surface for everyone to see, including your little one. Boost their confidence and love for art with these wonderful tiles.
What We Like about It – It’s one great way to produce highly personalized ref magnets or even locker décors. The kit set can also help enhance children’s artistic talents, imagination, and creativity. Moreover, it’s good for enhancing hand-eye coordination as well as dexterity.
- Promote creativity with these fun and easy Magnetic Mini Tiles.
- Children have the freedom to draw and create whatever they want on this porcelain white tiles.
- Keep these treasures forever by sealing on the design to keep the memories for years to come.
- Includes non-toxic paints and materials.
- Includes 5 paints, 10 2×2 magnetized tiles, and a paint brush.
- The paint can be a bit messy due to the small surface of the tile, so a sharpie also works well.
Sleepover Party Mad Libs
Liven up your next sleepover party with this cute book of well-thought-out fill-in-the-blank statements. There are twenty-one games included in which each person takes a turn at choosing a fun or funny response to complete the sentences. Teams can be formed to compete or everyone can just jump in when they have a good answer. It is a safe, non-scary game that will be enjoyed for hours of entertainment. Kids love to laugh at themselves and others in good, clean fun. This book provides the scripts for each person to ad lib their way to amusing pleasure. Usual games such as truth-or-dare are fun, but this will be a new exciting game to get everyone laughing and happy at your next slumber party.
Benefits – Sleepovers are so fun when there are plenty of activities to do. This game will bring out the adventure and creativity in everyone at the party, making it quite interesting and exciting.
What We Like about It – Mad Libs is a game that changes based on the answers that everyone says. The twenty-one included games can be played many times over with various results.
- Fill-in-the-blank fun for sleepovers
- Includes 21 stories
- Better than the game of truth-or-dare
- Will keep kids laughing for hours at themselves
- An exciting game for groups of girls
- Some books were damaged in shipping
- A few complaints that the item is small
Betheaces Kids Soccer Goal Set Hover Football with 2 Gates
For kids that like to play soccer alone, but have no one to kick the ball to, this is the perfect solution. It is a soccer game with a flat soccer disc that will not move unless it is kicked. It is for smooth hard surfaces and can be used indoors or outdoors by one or many players. The disc is made of safe, non-toxic, ABS plastics that is durable and can turn almost any substantial surface into a small soccer field. The disc comes with two portable goals and nets, a screwdriver, and a user guide. For night time play, the disc can light up because batteries power it to glow on the surface so it can be seen in the dark. The batteries are not included for this. Players can kick the disc just like a normal soccer ball, and it has a special foam bumper surrounding the edges to keep it from harming furniture and walls indoors. It has a fast rebound when it hits obstacles, but it is soft enough to not hurt kids’ feet when it comes in contact with them. This game makes a wonderful rainy day activity or can be a hit at parties and sleepovers.
Benefits – Participating in sports activities keeps kids physically healthy and helps with motor skills, coordination, and overall strength. With this unique soccer game, they can utilize these abilities and have fun at the same time.
What We Like about It – Soccer is a fun popular game that cannot usually be played indoors, especially at home. This flat disc soccer game makes indoor play possible and loads of fun for everyone!
- Kick like a regular soccer ball
- Has a light on the surface to light up the soccer disc for night time playing
- Disk has foam bumper to keep it from damaging or marking up furniture and walls
- Comes with a 1-year warranty and a satisfaction guarantee from manufacturer
- Good for 1 or many players, even pets
- Size of product was small for some parents
- Goal post quality was criticized
Luwint Children LED Finger Light Gloves
Powered by LED lights, these fantastic light-up gloves emit a range of seven different colors in six various modes of rainbow exuberance. Kids can choose the patterns and setting of the color flash sequences by pressing a button on the wrist. The lights are bright and luminous and the necessary batteries for operation are included. Even replacement batteries come with the gloves to ensure customer satisfaction. The accompanying box makes it packaged well for a gift, plus it is a great generic gift for those times when choosing a gift for someone else is hard. If your child likes going to night events such as sports games, dances, or concerts, then these LED gloves would make a fun addition to their accessories collection.
Benefits – Colorful, yet quite warm to wear in cooler weather, these spectacular gloves make you the life of any night time activity and keep your hands snug in the cotton wool material.
What We Like about It – These gloves would be fantastic at concerts, dances, on stage events, and any entertainment venue or public gathering that is at night. The colors are so bright and vivid. Everyone around you will want a pair for themselves.
- Made of synthetic/acrylic cotton wool
- Fabric is comfortable and breathable
- Gloves has 6 modes and 7 different colors
- Comes with a 3-month money back guarantee
- Includes batteries for operation
- Complaints that the glove lining comes out easily
- Some claim that the size runs small
Ozobot 2.0 Bit by Ozobot
Nine year old girls will love the Ozobot 2.0 Bit. At a little over an inch tall, it’s one of the smallest yet truly amazing robots your 9 year old girl will ever program. The Ozobot 2.0 Bit can be programmed to accomplish certain tasks that young girls may want it to perform. There are no complicated programming and with a dedicated App for mobile devices, the learning possibilities are endless. You can find more robot toys for kids here.
Benefits – This toy is great for any child interested in STEM or science based activities. What your child to get ahead in math and science? This toy is exactly what they need because it teaches children complex ideas such as coding and computer design all through color and hand’s on learning. And if they’re having difficulties, go onto the app for teacher recommend and built lesson plans and tutorials for a truly educational experience.
What We Like about It – We believe that the Ozobot 2.0 Bit is the most ideal learning companion for 9 year old girls. It is useful in stimulating the continuous development of problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ozobot is a winner of many awards including Kapi’s Best Robot toy at the 2015
- Consumer Electronics Show.
- Teaches children about STEM learning and robotics in a fun and engaging way.
- Setting up your Ozobot is a super simple 2 step process that includes free software and apps for a full, enjoyable experience.
- Teach your child how to code with colors with Ozobot’s sensory-optic technology.
- Includes STEM inspired lesson plans for different ages and levels for on/off screen learning time.
- Create, challenge, and design levels and games for your Ozobot to complete for fun and educational learning.
- The toy itself is small, so this isn’t recommended for young children ages 3 and under.
Sunny Days Entertainment Blue Ribbon Champions Deluxe Horse
The Blue Ribbon winner horse is a beautiful animal with a mane and tail to comb to perfection. The detachable saddle included can be strapped on complete with reins and a bit to make the show horse look its best. It comes with accessories of brushes, award cup, blue ribbon, hop pocket, wooden case, apple, various bottles, and a bucket to care for the horse in style. The head is moveable and can be pressed downward to make the horse whinny with delight as your child grooms it and learns all about the detailed care of horses. Kids will develop their role playing, creativity, and imaginations skills by simply playing with this toy. Their fine motor skills will also get a great work out as they tend to their new pet. It will make a fabulous gift for the little girl that already has everything and definitely one that admires horses.
Benefits – The group of accessories that are included with this toy horse are plenty. It lets kids know that caring for animals, especially large ones like horses, takes a lot of supplies and time to care for them properly.
What We Like about It – Kids can get hands-on experience with grooming a horse with this toy. They can comb its hair, saddle it up, and move its head to hear it whinny.
- Has a moveable head section and a brushable mane and tail
- Horse makes sounds that are realistic
- Encourages imagination, creativity and role playing
- Has a detachable saddle
- Great tool to teach about horse care
- A few parents not happy with the size of the horse – some say too big and some say too small
- One had an issue with the head attachment to the body
LEGO Friends Heartlake Shopping Mall Building Set by LEGO
With Sophie, Stephanie, DJ Julian, and Emma gracing the wonderful set of the LEGO Friends Heartlake Shopping Mall, any 9 year old girl will grow with fascination at this particular building set from LEGO. The set comes with a staggering 1,120 pieces necessary to build a shopping mall, a car, several retail shops, a dining area, and runway. It also comes with other interesting features.
Want more like this? Follow the link for a fantastic selection of the best girls lego sets this year.
Benefits – We all had LEGOS growing up, and your daughter definitely needs to get in on the fun. What makes LEGOS so fun and beneficial for kids is that they promote imaginative playtime and get those creative juices flowing. And since the LEGO Friends series is compatible with every other LEGO brand product, you don’t have to buy any new sets to make this one amazing. Just let your child’s imagination run free with their new legos and shopping adventures.
What We Like about It – Building toys are excellent for enhancing divergent problem solving skills. It’s great for stimulating enhanced creativity and imaginative thinking.
- The LEGO Friends Heartlake Shopping Mall is great for imaginative playtime both alone and with friends.
- LEGO Friends are compatible with all other LEGO products and toys.
- Includes the LEGO Friends Stephanie, Julian, Sophie, Emma, and Julian, then also Emma’s dog.
- How about a convertible car with a trunk that opens, and the entire Shopping mall building with lobby and dining area.
- Includes small pieces that present a choking hazard to children ages 3 and under.
My Fairy Garden – Tree Hollow
The Fairy Garden comes with everything your child needs to grow their very own garden indoors, while they visit and play with the fairy that lives in the tree. The toy includes a base, tree hollow, two chairs, table, porch light, seeds, soil, garden tools, watering can, fairy, fairy stand, bunny, flying cord, and instructions. Eleven various plant types are within the organic seed package for a surprise of green vegetation and flowers. Kids start by putting the hollow in the base and spreading the soil in the various spots. They then disperse the seeds and water them in. It only takes a few days before they see the plants sprout and a few weeks before they have actual flowers growing in their tree hollow. The resident fairy can fly when your child pulls the flying cord, so it can go from the top of the tree to the bottom with ease. Let your little one experience the joy of growing plants in a fun magical way with this lovely tree hollow kit.
Benefits – Children need to feel close to nature and learn how to grow things. Small playful kits like this one introduce them to gardening in such a way that they enjoy it and grasp the essentials quickly.
What We Like about It – A play tree hollow complete with a fairy to grow plants in is a super cute ideas for kids! Toys just don’t get much more charming than this.
- Has doors that open and a hanging chandelier
- Comes with a fairy that can be made to fly via a cord
- Connects kids to nature
- Simply spread the soil and plant the organic seeds
- Seeds include 11 different plant types
- Has no drainage for the water to run off
- A few buyers did not receive the seeds
Huge Rainbow Kite for Kids by aGreatLife
Who doesn’t love flying a kite? With the great outdoors, nothing beats launching a kite and letting it soar above green fields. And with the Huge Rainbow Kite for Kids, you and your nine year old girl will surely have great family fun. The kit comes with a handy guide book on how to fly kite with kids. It’s easy to assemble and fly as well.
Benefits – You can’t go wrong with a classic kite! Watch your child laugh and play in the great outdoors with this oversized and vibrant kite for hours of fun. What we find so beneficial about this product is that the kite makes children want to be active and play outside. With childhood obesity at an all-time high across the world, parents and toy manufacturers alike should be taking steps to ensure that children are living their healthiest life. The first step is more physical activity, and what better way to achieve that then playing outside!
What We Like about It – It’s the ideal fun activity for the whole family especially in the warm summer months. It’s great for encouraging children to love the great outdoors while improving their coordination and strength.
- The classic to beat all classics, Kites have been around for decades and continue to delight children with their vibrancy and easy flying.
- Help develop your child’s hand-eye coordination skills by showing them how to launch, steer, and control the kite.
- The super size of this kite makes it easy to fly, and the kid friendly handle makes the kite easy to control on those perfectly windy days.
- Manufactured with non-toxic and child friendly materials.
- Great for outdoor playtime and getting your children active.
- Excellent for children ages 3 and up.
- Since this is a child’s kite, it’s not meant to be flown competently or take extra strong winds.
Criteria Used to Evaluate The Best Toys for 9 Year-Old-Girls
When evaluating toys for this list, we kept four key factors in mind: Safety, Development, Education, and Entertainment. We felt that these four factors contributed the most to parental satisfaction and to child satisfaction when looking at toys.
Safety, of course, is a top priority when considering items on this top 20 list. We want parents to feel that they can trust not only the company/ manufacture of these products but also their children around these items. Development is a bit broad, but at the age of 9 girls are developing all kinds of skills and aspects of their minds. While the toys on our top 20 list lean towards social and emotional development, we also take an interest in your daughter’s overall development with these products. Likewise, we want your daughter to learn and go beyond her classmates with the educational factors of these toys. And in order for a toy to be not only safe but intellectually stimulating and develop portions of your child’s skill set, they have to be entertaining. Entertainment value was another huge factor for us. If a child isn’t enjoying their playtime, they won’t get anything out of it.
While this was a summary of our criteria, the following sections go in depth with each aspect of our evaluation.
Safety: When deciding whether or not a product is safe for children, we look at the materials and the overall design of the product. All the products on this list are made with non-toxic chemicals and materials safe for continuous usage. The overall designs of all these products also minimize the chance of accidents and injury. Though some children still manage to get hurt during playtime, the average child will find no issue with these toys.
Development: By development, we mean any and all types of development like social, emotional, physical, and intellectual. Most of these toys are meant to improve some aspect of your daughter’s overall development, but we’ve taken an especial shining towards social development. Because 9 is the cusp or beginning of puberty, we felt that it’s extremely important for young girls to understand these changes in context with their social surroundings like school, clubs, and peers.
Education: Because children of this age are close to entering middle school, we felt it was very important that some of this toys benefit children academically. With school’s becoming even more competitive, the pressure to get ahead can really take a toll on both children and parents. So by purchasing toys that make learning fun and enjoyable, some of that pressure is removed from the child and placed into a form of productive playtime.
Entertainment: And above all else, a toy must be entertaining. This is a feature we strive to see in every toy on this list because an entertaining toy is a good toy. For any of these other features to work, say education and development, a toy needs to be fun enough to play with over and over again. Not only is an entertaining toy money well spent, but it can be a great investment into your child’s overall development and education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s the social development of a 9-year old girl like?
A: At the age of 9, children are typically in the fourth grade surrounded by their peer group. They’re close to middle school age, so young girls often want to have more mature social interactions and tend to focus on school as a place for both socializing and education. At this age, social development is widely dependent on their group of friends and the priorities in their lives. Young girls tend to communicate or talk with their peers to fulfill social needs, but they might also get the same fulfillment by participating in sports or clubs. However, the most important factor of social development for girls of this age is their need to feel independent. This often manifests in an expression of desires or style. Your daughter change her style to feel more in control, or she might express a desire to play chess because it seems interesting. Talk with your daughter about these types of changes, and make sure she feels like her concerns are being respected.
Q: Is the social development of a girl different than a boy of the same age?
A: At the age of 9, most children want to socialize, no matter their gender. Some children have lots of friends, while others may have one or two. Both are completely normal and indicate healthy social development. Because children at this age are usually in grade school, they have lots of opportunities to create lasting connections with their school peers. While the social development of a boy is very similar to that of a girl, there are a few key differences. For instance, a little girl might talk more with her friends than engage in physical activity with them. Young girls like to communicate more than young boys while boys like to play sports or games with their friends. But if your daughter seems more active than her peers, that’s completely fine and natural. The only time you as a parent should be concerned with your child’s social development is when they seem to have no close friends. This indicates a communication issue between your child and their peers, and possibly towards a developmental disorder as well. If you’re concerned with your child’s development, consult a doctor or counselor about the best approach.
Q: Do 9-year old girls still ‘play’?
A: Of course they do! Everyone you’ve ever meet still engages in some type of play, whether they know it or not. The older we get, the more we want to distance ourselves from childish notions of playtime, but in fact ‘playing’ is one of the most relaxing experiences human have in their day to day lives. For 9-year old girls, ‘playing’ usually means ‘pretending.’ Often, young girls will pretend to be mothers, older sisters, businesswomen, or other grown women in order to feel more mature. They might also take on a more mature persona to try and feel independent from their peers and age group. Most of the toys or activities 9-year old girls engage with having to do with those feelings of maturity and independence. So when purchasing play items for your girls, keep these things in mind: How will this item promote my daughter to socialize? Is this item too young for her? Is it too old for her? And finally, will this item contribute to a feeling of maturity/ independence?
Q: How does a 9-year old girl benefit from playtime?
A: While some 9-year olds feel they’re too mature to call it ‘playtime,’ all people play to some extent. With young girls, playtime generally involves friends and some form of imagination. Whether it’s older sisters or mothers, young girls like to imitate women they admire as a sort of practice and affirmation of independence. Often, this involves dressing up and dabbling in beauty products, such as mascara and lipstick. This act of imitation is also a way to carve out their own identity. By mimicking the practices of others, young girls find quirks that suit them and the image they wish to present to the world. It’s for this reason that young girls are so impressionable, especially around older girls.
Q: Will puberty affect how my daughter socializes with her peers? If so, how?
A: While this ultimately depends on the individual, most times puberty does affect how young girls interact with one another. Sometimes best of friends grow distant due to differing tastes. Other times, a young girl might feel self-conscious about her developing body and she might shy away from her peers. In rare cases, puberty comes as such a shock to young women that they completely withdraw from socializing all together. The biggest concern for parents, however, is how their daughters will interact with boys after puberty. Most children during puberty have an interest in romance and dating due to increased levels of hormones. So you might see your daughter drifting from close girl friends towards young men. As long as you communicate with your daughter, reinforcing the importance of friendships rather than romances, then these fears should be short lived.
Q: My daughter isn’t attracted to feminine toys or activities. Is this something I should be concerned with?
A: If your daughter is more interested in sports than dolls or makeup, that’s totally normal and okay. Young girls on the cusp of puberty are trying to pinpoint their own identity, and sometimes that means separating themselves from the conventional ideas of womanhood. As a parent, you shouldn’t be overly concerned with a less than feminine daughter if they aren’t going to extreme measures. An extreme measure would be not eating to slow down the natural processes of puberty. Sometimes, the idea of turning becoming a woman is so startling to young girls that they try to prevent their monthly cycle through rigorous activity or starvation. Many girls are terrified of the bodily changes that come with puberty, but few take it this far. If you notice extreme changes in your daughter’s diet, speak with them and get help if needed.
Q: What toys or activities can I expose my daughter to for academic/ intellectual stimulation?
A: This answer might be a bit boring, but books are really the best way to stimulate your daughter intellect. While options like science kits and telescopes are amazing for hands-on learning, these items are often very expensive. Books might not give your daughter that hand’s on experience, but there are novels and textbooks on just about every subject imaginable. Literature is one of the broadest avenues to intellectual growth because someone doesn’t need anything else other than a book to learn concepts. And for academic purposes, conceptualizing complex ideas is what your child really needs to grasp to be academically successful.
Q: What’s the emotional development of a 9-year old girl like?
A: Because your daughter is in the early stages of puberty, you can expect emotional ups and downs along with her searching for some form of identity. The emotional imbalance is perfectly naturally due to the changing chemicals in their bodies. But the persistence of their own identity is something parents don’t really understand in the context of emotional development. Because pre-teens often feel out of control, they try to hone in on some form of identity to ground them. This is why young girls experiment with their looks and clothes because they feel as if they can control how the world perceives them. They might also develop a defiant streak if they receive a lot of pushback from parents to control their appearance or musical taste. If you’re concerned with the changes in your daughter’s personality, try speaking with them about why they like certain music or clothes. If needed, set appropriate boundaries with your daughter and let them know what the expectations are up front. Boundaries are another way to give your child a sense of control. If you negotiate the boundaries, your daughter feels that she is being heard and respected, which gives them a greater sense of maturity and independence.
Q: How can I improve my daughter’s emotional development?
A: Generally, once a child is in grade school their emotional development depends on healthy interactions with friends, parents, and authority figures. If you’re concerned with your child’s emotional state, speak with them about how they feel and what makes them feel that way. Though young girls begin to experience puberty at the age of 9, they are still young enough to be positively influenced by outside figures. If you feel that they aren’t surrounded by positive peers or friends, now is the time that you still really have control over those types of factors. Get them into peer groups, such as bible study or sports team that you feel comfortable with the people your child will be around. While parents are a huge part of a girl’s overall development, after children turn 12 it’s their peers that have the most impact on their emotional state.
Q: Is the emotional development of a boy the same as girls of the same age?
A: While emotional development between boys and girls differs, that doesn’t mean one is initially more developed. Girls tend to communicate their emotions verbally, while boys tend to use physical cues or ticks to communicate their emotions. For example, while a girl might state that she is upset and possibly cry, a young boy might show physically aggressive or become very sullen without saying much. While the physical aggression can be seen as acting out, parents need to understand that boys just have a different way of expressing themselves. This is partly due to how society raises girls and boys, but both types of development depend on the individual more than anything else. If you see an issue with how your child expresses their emotions, speak with them on what is acceptable.
Q: When’s a good age to get my daughter into physical activity or sports? Should I push for her to be active/ athletic?
A: As far as action is considered, it’s great to get your daughter into some form of physical activity as soon as possible. The physical activity doesn’t need to be intense, but it should be enough to get adequate exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle. If your daughter shows an interest in sports, then, by all means, support their endeavors. If your daughter seems to have no interest in physical activity what so ever, then a conversation needs to happen between the parents and child. Usually, at the age of 9, young girls are just starting puberty and they feel uncomfortable with their bodies. They’re growing taller, they’re beginning to fill out, clothes don’t fit the way they use too, and everything just seems so strange. Though interacting in physical activity might make them uncomfortable at first, what with all the changes, soon they’ll see how great it feels to get out all those emotions in a healthy way.
Q: Is privacy an important aspect for children this young?
A: Yes, privacy is huge for children on the cusp of puberty or already experiencing puberty. For 9-year old girls, puberty has most likely already begun. They might feel strange in their bodies and the changes going on in their lives. With their life seemingly coming apart at the seams, it’s important for them to feel as if they have some form of control. Great options for young girls to maintain a reasonable amount of privacy is a diary or journal. They can write out their feelings and experiences without the fear of judgment from peers or parents. Even though you’re concerned for your little girl, please respect their privacy. At this age and in the grips of puberty, your pre-teen needs to feel that they have some handle on their life. If you desperately want to know what’s going on with your child, ask them how they’re feeling. Though they might not want to talk, seemingly ever, opening up those avenues of communication early on will help tremendously with trust and independence.
Nine Year Old Girls, Puberty, and Their Development
In just a few more years 9 year old girls will already become full-fledged teenagers. However, until then, they will have to make sure that they go through the different physiologic, cognitive, emotional, and social changes that occur with puberty.
One of the most interesting signs of puberty is the rapid physical and physiologic changes kids go through. By this time, 9 year olds will already show bodily changes because of dramatic hormonal effects. In many cases, they become very conscious about their body image and as such may engage in unhealthy practices. Changes in their palates may initiate changes in their food choices as well. It is therefore very important to guide 9 year olds in making healthier choices and in leading more active lifestyles. Craft toys, pretend toys, ride on toys, dress up toys, and even art kits will be very beneficial in advancing the physical development of nine year old girls.
Another interesting area that is well-known to occur during puberty and which peaks during adolescence is peer pressure. While nine year old girls will already have a bunch of friends they consider as their best buddies, they may feel the pressure to conform to the norms established by the group. They have a need to establish their own identity; however, they often find it necessary to conform to the “standards” set by their core group of friends. It’s more about 9 year olds wanting to be like their close friends. Toys and playthings that help them to emotionally deal with these conflicts can help. Role playing and make-believe games can help establish what they want for themselves and their friends.
Nine year old girls can already stay focused on a single activity for extended periods of time. This means that they can now play with toys and other playthings that require absolute concentration and increased attention span. Their memory is also remarkable by this stage and as such it would be a great idea to give them toys that help them further improve on their memory skills.
Their problem solving skills are also remarkable. They now understand consequences as a result of decisions made. Their problems solving skills are now more complex and have moved beyond the usual convergent type of thinking. Their grasp of cause-and-effect relationships is also heightened. They can now make more accurate predictions depending on the circumstances surrounding a given problem or situation. Their highly-developed sense of divergent problem solving skills are enhanced by their creativity and imagination. They also love to read expanding their vocabulary and improving their communication skills. This provides the foundation for establishing emotional and social skills.
Choosing the right kind of toy or gift for 9 year old girls can be made a lot easier if you know the developmental milestones of a child this age. Hopefully, our list of the 20 best toys for nine year old girls including our overview of the developmental changes that occur with children of this age will help you come up with a better informed decision on which toy to give your young lady.
Other Age Ranges
- Child Development Milestones of Your 9-Year-Old, Informative Guide, ,
- Coping with Emotional Changes During Puberty, Informative Guide, ,
- Social & Emotional Changes in Adolescents, Informative Article, ,
- Childhood Obesity, Informative Article , ,
- Prevent Childhood Obesity-Get Your Kids Moving! , Persuasive Article, ,